Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Tuesday

It's late at night at 2:06am. There is a long blaring noise by trucks I suppose? From the construction site. It's a low monotonous droning sound, and it echoes finely through the night. The silent worker, always hardworking. I love that sound. It reminds me of ships at the harbour from far away lands, bringing back husbands from war to wives in waiting.

Today was Xiu Lun's birthday and we had lunch at White Dog's Cafe in Vivocity to celebrate it for her. Food there was delicious, and I especially liked the oreo cheese cake desert! For once I had a proper appetite. Xiu Lun had a shock when she saw her dreaded prefectorial board teacher, Mrs Yuen, with her two daughters. Xiu Xian and I gave her a domokun pouch for her birthday which we bought from a shop which was imported from Japan! :D We are nice sisters.

I think my appetite will come back soon. I don't regret what I did... it'll be worse if it accumulates. I don't want a deja vu of what happened during this time last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home