Friday, December 22, 2006

Beijing! 2006 [Chapter 3]

Hongkong

After 4 freezing days in Beijing, we proceeded to HK! Woke up at 3am for the morning flight. Wth, we should never have booked the morning flight man. I was sleeping while waiting for us to get into the plane. Pity I couldn't buy the 2008 Olympic Drumbag at the airport. Quite ex though, S$30+

Nothing much to do in the plane. Watched Tokyo Drift lor and regretted not sleeping. Zzzz....

After another 3h of flight, we finally reached HK! Yayyyy, was looking fwd to HK since I was there before, and it was quite a good experience. We were on our own so we decided to take a cab to our hotel which was at Tsing Yi. Crap, the Cab was damn smoky so it wasn't a very comfortable ride -_- And dammit the meters in HK beep whenever they increase. Apparently, ours was increasing every 6 seconds by HKD$1.40. I almost had a heart-attack.

Well, S$1=HKS$5. Not so bad I guess, but its still 30cents!

We finally reached our hotel after the eventful taxi ride. We stayed in Mexan Harbour Hotel. The exterior looked sleek and professional.



Our hotel was near this cargo port so the view was pretty... box-y. Look.

What a box-y sight!

I think we stayed in this apartment-like hotel, since the rooms looked rather... apartment-ish. It was damn small also lah! Even smaller than my living room man, and thats inclusive of the toilet and all. My parents changed room because their room was seriously far too small. They couldn't even walk properly lah!

Xiuxian in the background. Can't really see much huh.

We doodled around in the apartment for a while. There wasn't much to do lah, read my book and watched a bit of chinese MTV. The TV here wasn't as nice as Day Inn's, but at least they had the chinese MTV channel, which was more than enough :)

Went to Mongkok at night. 女人街 is situated there, and woahh there's a lot of stuff to buy there man. Those road side stores selling many many stuff lah, like caps, shirts, souvenirs ballalaa. Didn't buy much from there. Ohhh, I saw this Inuyasha poster that I thought Kristy would like!It was around a3 size, cloth. Damn nice. Hehehe but I didn't buy it too~! There was the fatestaynight design too, but also didn't buy it lah.

Lights at 女人街

I realise that there are many smokers in HK. Everywhere that I go I see someone smoking... Quite unhealthy though. There were some roadside stores selling those seafood but pop didn't allow us to eat them since they were probably dirty. Zzz, a bit sad lah.

Woah and the school uniforms in HK are really cool! Although every school's design looks about the same: sweater, tie, blouse, skirt/pants, blalalalala.. Xiuxian was commenting on how high their socks are LOL. Perhaps protection from the cold I guess. Didn't manage to get a picture of it though.

I wasn't feeling that well too lah on that day. Just felt really sleepy throughout the whole outing. Heh, so just hit the sack when we returned to the hotel, slept at around 1030 without changing my clothes lol.


Disneyland

Yeahh, this was the mainpoint of the day! Disneyland yay yay yay. It turned out to be better tha I expected, since I couldn't remember much about the Japan one. It was really cool, we took this expressway to Disneyland from Sunny Bay.

We are being good citizens to let others sit while we stand LOL.

Collector's Item! Micky Mouse Ticket

It was really grand when we entered Disneyland. There was this long pathway leading to this waterfountain. Some whale spraying Mickey up on his .... spout and Donald pouting in one corner. Look!

Catch your Wave~

We entered Disneyland and took some crap pictures. Disneyland looked quite big to me, but actually it was nothing much lah. Just that the deco is good.

A map of Disneyland. Looks quite small huh.

Heh, we took a train to travel around Disneyland... Stopped at uh, Fantasyland from uh, Main Street USA. It was this miniature cargo train which could contain around 200+ people.

A model of how the train looks like

The train ride was boring since all we could see were trees and trees and trees. Smart of them to place plants blocking the scenary eh. There were also fake zebras and giraffes and butterflies. Oooo but thankfully I saw a real butterfly too.

We alighted at Fantasy Land and headed for the Merry-go-Round since Xiuxian wanted to. Our turn came quite fast although there was a long queue. Very efficient! Or perhaps it was due to the fact that each ride was about 30s -__-

Went for this Winnie the Pooh Adventure ride after that HAHAHA. (真的是没有童年)luckily we had the fast pass so we could get into the Ride fast enough XD There was a long queue right behind muahahhaa. Managed to take some pictures although the ride was rather bumpy.


Carrots is spelt as Kerits and Cabbage is spelt as Cabege

The performances in Disneyland were entertaining! The 3D (or rather 5D since there was smell and touch involved) show was realistic man. It was damn cool. There was also the Lion King performance which was quite nice too, mostly song and dancing lah.

Went for this river cruise thing which we queued up long for too... It was quite cool, with all the special effects and everything. LOL, our guide's name is called Tony, or in HONGKONG ACCENT, Tonaye. Mai name is Tonaye. He was overly, enthusiastic about everything else. And he's damn funny also lah, like: say b'bye to the people there~~!! B'bye!!!! Just picture it in the HK accent and it'll be damn funny. Oh well, but the river cruise was pleasant, and mm, quite thriling also nia.

TONAYE

Fire-gods!

Skeletons (fake)

There wasn't anything much after that. There was this parade with Disney Characters, all the standard Micky Mouse and Donald Duck stuff lah. Shall post one up for fun although I don't quite fancy it.

Stereotypic overly-enthusiastic Disney Characters

Nothing much after that. There was this Tarzan's Treehouse thingy. The whole structure looked quite realistic from afar though. Take a look!

All fake

After all that, there wasn't anything much on. Went onto the Space Mountain with Xiuxian and my mom. Xiulun couldn't go since she was too scared so my father accompanied her. While waiting for the ride, it didn't feel so bad. Not until I saw the sign saying: Last time for you to exit. WTS, that's really great publicity man.

Oh well, XX and my mom sat tgt since XX needed someone to sit with her. I decided to sacrifice myself and sit alone lah. Zzz... I was sort of day-dreamig until SUDDENLY, this american guy jumped into the seat beside me. I was kind of taken aback by this sudden figure, but yeah well, he was friendly. His name is Adam. Its pronounced as "EH-dam" in his accent LOL.

Adam: Hey, you know what, I'm really excited aren't you? You know, I could like, bounce off all these walls right now, but I can't, cos my legs are like, stuck here, you know?
Me: ...Oh, yeah. I'm excited too.

Adam: You know when I ride these rides, I get really scared. So if I hold you or anything then yeah.
Me: Oh nevermind its okay. (i couldnt think of anything else to say)

Adam: *pointing to people in front* they're your friends?
Me: No, they're my family
Me: Where're your friends?
Adam: Aww, they're right behind there. So yeah I'm alone here... Would you like to keep me company?
Me: ....Ehehehehe nonononono.

DURING THE RIDE

Adam: HEY! I'm gonna scream!
Me: What??
Adam: I'm gonna scream!
Me: Okay!
Adam: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Omg, he screams worse than a girl. But loll, he was friendly lah. It was quite funny. I was quite scared throughout the ride cos I could see the stands and everything so I was kinda scared that I would knock onto one of them. I was lying low all the while.

Left Disneyland after that. It was around 7+ so we went out for dinner and all... Ate noodles. The food in HK is really good, as in they really know how to cook man. Those roadside stalls cook better than restaurants in Singapore.

Then went home the day after. Nothiing much happened then. I got a pair of shoes for myself. Cost HKD50. Quite cheap lah I guess.


LOL, literally jumping for joy

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home